UPI Has The Facilities And Experience Needed To Support Your Pipeline Fabrication Needs
While some may think of pipeline fabrication as a process, we acknowledge that it’s equally an art form. Since the formation of United Piping Inc. (UPI), we have aspired to pipeline fabrication that meets the most current standards of the industry. Our UA and ASME certified fabrication shop with ample adjacent yard space allows our experienced pipefitters to work on projects year-round.
UPI constantly invests in state-of-the-art welding equipment to deliver the best quality product. We realize that heat input on the steel can be a concern for some clients, and we have a variety of solutions to address these concerns. We can fabricate carbon steel, alloys, and stainless steel piping to exact specifications. In both of our submerged arc automatic welding bays, we offer pipe welding capacity (SAW) up to 60 inches and specialize in both large-bore and small-bore pipe.
UPI’s fabrication shop, located in Duluth, MN, provides the reliability of constant conditions, guaranteeing your project won’t be held up due to inclement weather. This can often lead to cost savings and time savings for a project. Welding to ASME and API codes is our specialty. If necessary, we can carry out welding engineering and procedure qualifications on-site, including low temperature procedures qualified to -50F.
Whether our client provides fabrication drawings, needs us to draft and build at our shop, requires us to perform critical field layout, 3D scanning or tie-ins onsite, we have the ability to customize a project based on your needs. Our clients choose us for our success with 3- and 4-point tie-ins that can accommodate tying into existing pipe that may have settled or is out of square. We pride ourselves in eliminating most stress on piping tie-ins by making our fabrication spools fit like a glove. Our fabrication shop can operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if required.
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Shield Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Regulated Metal Disposition
- Pulse MIG
- Surface Tension Transfer
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Plasma Cutting
- Fabrication Pre-Engineered Skids
- Building Fabrication Steel Systems
- Fabrication Communication / Electrical Enclosure
- Piping Fabrication Large Diameter NPS 26” - 60”
- Piping Fabrication Medium Diameter NPS 14” - 24”
- Piping Fabrication Small Diameter NPS 1” - 12”
- Piping Fabrication Onsite
- Piping Fabrication Power Application ASME B31.1
- Onsite / Offsite Large Diameter Pipeline Construction >= 24”
- Onsite / Offsite Medium Diameter Pipeline Construction <= 24”
- Onsite / Offsite Small Diameter Pipeline Construction <= 12”
Knowing that not one piping material fits all projects, those we utilize regularly are carbon steel “X” grades through 100,000 PSI yield, stainless steel alloys and exotic alloys.
From the smallest to the largest jobs, UPI’s experienced, highly trained welders and pipefitters perform their craft on highly specialized fabrication projects with passion and attention to detail. For them, complex projects are invitations to innovate. To learn more about our Fabrication services, contact us today.